Followers

Google+ Followers

Saturday, 30 January 2016

Something Different

Hi everyone today I am sharing something different with you all

I have tried to create something different and here it is.



Its the first time I have created something like this and have done a little tutorial to go with it.

TUTORIAL

I first cut a piece of 6 x 6 water colour card and then primed it with white  Gesso paint thinly on both sides. to give it some strength.

I then mixed some pva glue, baby talc, and gesso together to make a paste.

I then applied the mixture to to the paper and then used a knife to do the effect
It was left overnight to dry out thoroughly. I then started to tear to give it a shabby feel



I then cut a 8 x8 piece of card and used
Tim Holtz distress inks broken china and Worn Lipstick to the edge of the 8 x8 card

I then took some honeycomb ribbon and used it as a stencil to ink onto the 8 x8 card and used  Tim Holtz spiced marmalade.



At this point I added some buttons.

I then started tearing my paper that I created diagonally and put over the edges of the the inked paper


I then stamped a few leaves sentiment and added bird cage which I got as a template and twine.

I decided then I didn't like the buttons so decided to cover with punched flowers which I had my daughter helping me punch them   and inked and coloured the flowers with 
Tim Holtz distress ink Walnut Stain and Victorian velvet.

Voila here are the results again.




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Fiona -love all the mixed media layers and texture and fabulous flowers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone love feedback please leave a message and I hope you like what I have been making.

Thankyou

Hugs and Happy Crafting

Fiona
xxx